Fort Drum, NY Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) is provided by the military to help active service members with housing costs, and can be used for either on- or off-base housing.
The Welcome Home Center (WHC) will be your first point of contact when you receive moving orders, and provides services that will help you with referrals, relocation assistance, guidance for entering a lease agreement and tenant-landlord disputes.
- Fort Drum Welcome Home Center can be reached at (315) 955-6644.
On Post Housing
Single Soldier Housing (315) 772-6668 is reserved for Single and Unaccompanied Soliders with a pay grade of E5 or below.
- Fort Drum on-post housing is privatized and operated by Fort Drum Mountain (315) 836-4168. They offer 2-4 bedroom homes with varying amenities, such as: washer/dryer hookups, AC, gas fireplace, garages with auto openers. The community amenities include: playgrounds, skate parks, splash parks, basketball courts and much more.
Off Post Housing
Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the area.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes For Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations
Watertown is a city of 27,000. Communities under 4,000 residents near the fort include Carthage, Calcium, and Philadelphia, New York. The average commute here is about 15 minutes. Fort Drum is the largest employer in the area, but thanks to the Thousand Islands, Watertown is a popular tourist destination and there is plenty of employment in town. Fort Drum is located in northern New York state, just over an hour across Lake St. Lawrence from Ontario, Canada. More information is provided on FortDrumHousing.com by using the left-hand side toolbar on this page. Cities near Fort Drum are: Philadelphia, Calcium, Carthage, Watertown, Adams Center, Sackets Harbor, Clayton, Alexandria Bay, Gouverneur, Antwerp, Natural Bridge, Copenhagen, Croghan, Harrisville, Theresa, Redwood, La Fargeville, and Dexter.
About Fort Drum
Fort Drum is home to the 10th Mountain Division and is located in Jefferson County, New York. The primary mission of the 10th Mountain division is the command of the active units assigned to the base, providing support to all the tenant units as well as supporting over 80,000 troops that are deployed annually. For more information click here.